Save the SketchUp model in the ODEON room folder, then press the ODEON icon in the SketchUp menu bar and the SU2Odeon will convert the file so you can open it directly in ODEON.
SU2Odeon 1.09 released!
The latest plug-in SU2Odeon1.09 was released in October 2017 and includes the following improvements:
- Full support for any character set.
- Fix for some cases where the plugin froze and no export file was created.
- Not exporting the “Sketchup people”, who are by default located at the origin in a new Sketchup drawing (the following person components that will currently be omitted in the Odeon2SU export are Sang, Susan, Steve, Sophie, Derrick, Bryce(SU6), Nancy and Chris(SU2017).
Tip: For large models the program might leave the message “SketchUp is not responding” – while it is in fact working on converting the model. The best is to work with other applications and wait until the message: “File has been exported” pops up. However, unnecessarily complicated models can make the process not responsive forever. You always have to check your model for its acoustic simplicity. Models in SketchUp tend to be used for architectural presentations where many small components and high level of detail is utilized. This can blow up the importing time and often make SketchUP and SU2Odeon crash during the attempt to convert the SketchUP surfaces into normal ODEON surfaces. This list of guidelines can help you with checking the architectural room before using it for acoustic studies.
Please Note: It is recommended that you save your SketchUp (and ODEON) model on a local disk in your PC. If you try to export the SketchUp file to a server the process will stop or will not respond.
The models created in SketchUp and exported by SU2Odeon, are inherently compatible with the requirements set by ODEON:
- Plane surfaces
- No repeated points
- no surfaces without area
- Multi loop surfaces are converted into single loop surfaces
- Layer support
- Automatic explosion of blocks
- Unique surface numbers*
*Surface properties assigned in ODEON (such as materials, surface sources, reflectors and grid surfaces) are preserved when the model is re-modelled in Sketchup and re-exported for ODEON. When clicking the ODEON icon for reloading the model, an automatic saving of the SketchUp file is performed.