Speech Transmission Index (STI)
STI is a parameter that describes how easy it is to understand a person speaking in a given acoustic environment. However, to get a good simulation of STI in ODEON, you need to add appropriate background noise.
Speech Transmission Index, STI
How to use the noise sources modeled in ODEON as a basis for calculating the Speech Transmission Index STI.
In this video, we take a look at:
- What is STI (Speech Transmission Index)
- Finding background noise in the Grid Response
- Transferring background noise in frequency bands to the room setup
- NC curves
- Assigning speech directivity and power to a source
- Finding STI in the point response