This course is for users who have basic to intermediate experience in the use of ODEON, and covers lectures and hands-on exercises. An installation copy and license is provided for use during the course. Hands-on exercises and useful publications are supplied during the course.
Instructors: Claus Lynge Christensen, George Koutsouris, Jens Holger Rindel.
DTU Science Park, Diplomvej 381, 2800 Kgs.Lyngby – Denmark. You can download the application form and sent it to email@example.com.
DTU Science Park, Diplomvej 381, 2800 Kgs.Lyngby – Denmark.
The ODEON Room Acoustics Master Class covers simulations, measurements and auralisation. Time will be devoted to the combination of room acoustic measurements and simulations; how to ensure high-quality measurements and how to optimize the simulations. The participants will learn advanced uses of the impulse response, the acoustical parameter list, the colour scales and the grid response. The special challenges in modelling of noise in restaurants including the Lombard effect and modelling open-plan offices will also be dealt with. The auralisation part covers the set-up of a soundscape scenario with multiple sound sources.
The Master class will be given by Dr. J.H. Rindel, the founder of Odeon A/S. For many years Dr. Rindel was a professor at the Technical University of Denmark where he established room acoustics as a major research field, and about 25 years ago he started the development of the Odeon Room Acoustics Software.
ODEON Room Acoustics Master Class is for persons who already have experience in the use of the ODEON software and who want to go deeper into the possible applications of the software. The course is a combination of demonstrations, hands-on and discussions.
Download and fill-in the application form by 28 February 2020.
Be aware, this is a master class. It will be about the more advanced features of ODEON and is meant for the more experienced users. There is a basic course this year, described at the top of this page.
- 8-13. September 2019. ICA 2019 – Int. Cong. on Acoustics (Aachen, Germany)
- 16-19 March 2020 DAGA 2020 congress in Hannover, Germany.
- 20-24. April 2020. Forum Acousticum, Lyon, France.
- 12 – 16 July 2020. ICSV 27, Prague, Czech Republic (iiav.org).
- 23 – 26 August 2020. Inter-noise 2020, Seoul, Korea (www.i-ince.org).
- 9 – 13 November 2020. 180th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Cancun, Mexico (www.acousticalsociety.org)
- 21 - 23 June 2021. Euronoise, Portugal.
- 25 – 29 July 2021. ICSV28, Singapore (iiav.org).
- 6 – 10 December 2021. 182nd Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America joint with WESPAC 2021 and the Australian Acoustical Society, Sydney, Australia (acousticalsociety.org/asa-meetings)
- 24 – 28 October 2022. ICA 2022, Gyeongju, Korea (www.icacommission.org)