Research and Development
Carlos Monteserin joined Odeon in 2017 and is involved in Research and Development.
- Master of Science in Mathematical Modelling and Computing, 2014 – 2016, Technical University of Denmark.
- Qualified Teacher Status, Specialization: Mathematics, 2007 – 2008, University of Oviedo.
- PhD in Astronomy & Astrophysics, 2002 – 2008, University of Cantabria.
- Degree in Physics, Specialization: Theoretical Physics, 1998 – 2002, University of Oviedo.
- May 2017 – Present: Research and Development, Odeon A/S.
- Jan 2017 – March 2017: Structural Engineer, LIC Engineering.
- Sep 2015 – Dec 2015: Teacher Assistant, Technical University of Denmark.
- Feb 2011 – Aug 2012: Early Associate Professor, Mathematics dept. University of Oviedo.
- Sep 2002 – Dec 2008: PhD Student + Scientific Researcher, Instituto de Fisica de Cantabria (IFCA).
Areas of Interest
Room Acoustics, Algorithm development, High Performance Computing, Computer Simulations, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Optimization, Finite Element Method, Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- A stabilised mixed Eulerian Lagrangian spectral element method for nonlinear wave interaction with fixed structures. Submitted to Journal of Computational Physics, 2017.
- A low CMB variance in the WMAP data. Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomy Society, Volume 387, 2008.
- Scalar quantities as detectors of non-Gaussianity on CMB maps. Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomy Society, Volume 371, 2006.
- Scalar statistics on the sphere: application to the CMB. Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomy Society, Volume 360, 2005.
- Robust spectral element methods for free surface flows with structures, Master Thesis 2016, Technical University of Denmark.
- Analysis of WMAP data in collaboration with Cavendish Laboratory, four months Research Stage in 2005-2006, Cambridge University.
- Awarded with prestigious FPI fellowship for Doctorate Studies, 1998-2002, Consejo superior de investigaciones cientificas (CSIC).